Friday, December 4, 2009

So Shy Am I ?

When I summon all my courage
To march ahead and ask
What is your name I realise
Thats not a simple task.


I know you name,you know it well
The plan is superflop,
The prologue of my talk will be
The climax of my hope.


I found a plan so wonderful
I gonna as you time
But then alas! my damn wrist
I have a watch of mine.


I have a thirst unquenchable
Your bottle I may seek
But with no former acquaintance
I know not what you'll think.


If directly I would proceed
And with you shake my hands
Before my intensions you read
I'll say now we are friends,

But what to do if enraged you
Will slap me on my face
The pain in Hell I may endure
But never such disgrace.

To gain your tender sympathy
I had a plan so weird
Appreared with my hair uncombed
And uprgown moustache beard.


When that plan failed, I took the blade
And brushed through all my chin,
My gender was in danger when
They calld me androgyne.


If for some strange coincidence,
I sometimes could you see
To talk or not to talk that is
The question posed to me.


Before I could answer to that
Question positively
Beholding me as if a ghost
You with your friends do flee.


I can from the Airtel tower
For your sake jump and die
But how come vis-a-vis dear
Express my feelings I?


I am no handsome macho-man
Nor am i so well built
For losers like me dreaming such
Is also called a guilt.


Still my feeling is still for you
It will not diminish
You may not come, but I will wait
I have that only wish.

By Umesh Patra
M.A. (Previous)
Department of English
Banaras Hindu University










No comments:

Post a Comment